Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Energizer (Bunny) Baby

Christian is non-stop busy. He just keeps going, and going, and going....
As of late he has discovered doors, cabinets, and drawers (and toilet paper!) which means opening and closing them and pulling out the contents. Our house is semi-baby proofed, its kind of hard deciding how far to take it. I figure as long as the dangerous things are out of reach and locked up, we should be good for now.
Christian also likes to carry toys with him, especially small stuffed animals and his baby washcloths from room to room (maybe its a comfort thing...it is oh so cute!)
Christian is showing more interest in books now which is really exciting! He sits patiently in my lap and usually lets me turn the pages. His favorites are I Love You Through And Through and Andy Alligator both books we read really early on. Christian also likes to lean in and give "kisses" to the babies in some of the books. I hope that Christian will develop a love for reading like his mama and daddy.

Even though he is always busy, I love how he will be playing independently and then crawl over and lay his head in my lap for a quick snuggle before returning to play with something else. He is learning new things every day and it is so fun to see him explore...even if it means a very tired mommy.

4 comments:

mom said...

oh....such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I seriously cannot believe how big he has gotten! He and Linden will have a big time together next month!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for each new picture the energy is radiating out of him.
Joann

Mariana Layman said...

Corbin loves I Love You Through and Through too! We've been reading that every day (usually several times) for about 2 weeks. Although, I don't know if Corbin finds the little boy more interesting or the bear, he points at the bear often...