Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sweet dreams...


"To sleep, perchance to dream..." -Hamlet

Last night I dreamed of coming home to my beautiful wife and my son whom I love. I ran to them with my arms open wide, and Christian jumped into my arms. I held him so close and he said "I love you daddy". Then he turned to mommy and said "I love mommy too". Then he kissed us both with that sweet open mouth kiss of his and said "I love my family". At this point he began to laugh with joy...that gentle giggle and squeal that a child makes which can melt the hardest of hearts. Needless to say at this point I broke down into a sobbing mess, overjoyed to the point of tears.

Unfortunately I woke up and was still here. But with the dream replaying in my mind these steel toed boots were walking on air all day today.

My situation is definitely not as bad as many of the other brave men and women serving out there. But I can guarantee that our longing to be home and hold our spouse and kids is ever-present. It's what makes us human and what grants us the sweetest of dreams.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man Steve, that is the sweetest thing I have ever read. You made me cry. Praying for you all!

Emily @ Finding My Aloha said...

Aww, we married some sweet men! I love that you posted this! Great way to save it! Do you have your blog printed? I stopped scrapbooking and just have my family photo blog printed. I love it because it captures all the stories as well as the photos, and its much better about remembering actual dates things happened.

We are praying for you all! Stay strong.

Bob Raymer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Raymer said...

Wonderful story Steve. One day your dream will come true. Live your life with that goal in mind.

Bob Raymer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eralel83 said...

Thank you for the sweet blog post. It made my eyes tear up too. I love you so much and am so thankful for you. You are the best daddy and husband we could have ever asked for.

ma said...

Steve, how sweet...you made my eyes fill (big surprise). So glad that you added to this blog. know that you are missed and being prayed for ALOT!!!

Anonymous said...

sniff sniff

RC said...

Very sweeet - glad you shared -- we're thankful for your service but looking forward to your return.