Saturday, February 6, 2010

One Year Ago Today...

...we found out that we were expecting!

Today is our 6 year dating anniversary....as in, the date that Steve and I became an "official" couple. We actually began dating in December 2003, but that is not the real purpose of this post.

One year ago today my in-home pregnancy test tested positive. (You can imagine my excitement!) I took the test while Steve was at work and decorated our home office with a heart of Hershey Kisses (a favorite in our relationship.) On the garage door that led into our house I posted a sign that said "Happy 5th Anniversary!" so that when Steve pulled into the garage he would see the sign. I think he may have been a little confused as he unloaded his wallet and gear from the workday in the office. We are not really the couple that celebrates every single big moment in our relationship (ex. our engagement, dating anniversary, etc.) so I think he may have thought that I was a little silly...or maybe just sentimental. Then I greeted Steve with a big hug and kiss and said: "Congratulations! You are going to be a daddy!" It was a good day :)

3 comments:

Susan said...

I remember that one day you came over and just looked different. I waited as long as I could and finally just said, "Erin are you pregnant?" I knew by the expression you made the answer was yes! I was so excited for you and thrilled to watch this past year as you prepared to be a mom, became one and now are loving every moment with that sweet boy. Wish I could see if in person, but I love having this blog to check in on your life and you! Miss you much!

mae said...

Wow! What a difference a year (or 5) makes...a sweet husband and a sweet little boy,

Andrew and Brooks said...

I love this story! I wanted to tell Andrew in some super cool and thoughtful way, but he had already left for deployment training! Because i had suspected I was pregnant and had told him so, the next time he called, all I said was "You had better be home by Jan. 30th" and he asked "what?" and I said it again and then he started freaking out over the phone! Good thing he was home way before Jan 30th!