Monday, February 22, 2010

My Favorite Baby Products...So Far

Here are a few favorite baby items that I don't think I could live without. (Or at least I don't think I could live without.)

1. CleanWell Alcohol Free Hand Sanitizer Spray A fabulous alcohol-free hand sanitizer. I was using alcohol-based sanitizers for the first 3.5 months and it started to kill my hands, especially with the dry and cold Colorado winter weather. I also like that this is a spray versus a gel, safe for children's little hands too. Nice herbal scent.

2. The Moms on Call Guide to Basic Baby Care: The First 6 Months Reading by topic. No extra wordy chapters when you just want a straight-up answer. I received this book from my brother and sister-in-law and love it!

3. Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover, Lots of Dots Super helpful for nursing mommies, especially for the middle-of-the-night feedings when your baby's head becomes so heavy and you just need a little support.

4. Graco Element Pack 'n Play Playard
(No, Christian's is not girly like the picture above. His is gender neutral.)

So Christian has yet to sleep in a real crib, and will not get the chance to until we find a place to live in South Carolina, settle down, and finally build it. In the meantime, his pack n' play has been wonderful. They are made so neat these days and you can get all sorts of different features ($$) but I just wanted one with a changing table and raised "bassinet." He has slept in it since day 3 (when we were able to bring him home) and doesn't know the difference.

Here is a helpful post from Simple Mom about things you probably don't need to have for a new baby. However, we are guilty of owning a few of these things which have actually been a convenience - (thank you Susan!)

1 comment:

Andrew and Brooks said...

Well I have 2 strollers and a grocery cart cover (I am sorry, but the germs on the cart gross me out and I normally let Asher crawl on the floor anywhere, so I don't consider myself a germ-phobe!) My live without's were the Moby wrap, Itzbeen baby timer, a blanket from PB that is the softest thing you have ever felt and the pack & play! Asher didn't even move into his crib until he was like 10months old or something!

Can't believe how big C is getting! He is almost Asher's size! Last week A weighed 18pds 1 oz! :)