Friday, February 5, 2010

"The Atonement Child"

I just finished reading my second book since Christian was born titled The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers. Rivers is known for her popular Redeeming Love novel which is excellent by the way. Finding time to read has been especially challenging. When Christian is napping I should be getting things done (although I am often blogging or finding other distractions) but I am trying to make it a goal to get back into reading. I was especially spoiled while living at Edwards AFB because I had a personal library and book recommendations supplied by my friend Susan. I read more after I met her than I had in a VERY long time. Now I have to use a real library....Anyway, back to the Atonement Child. This "easy read" (despite the topic) centers around the sanctity of life which has always been important to me and my values, but really struck me, especially now that I am a new mommy and loving every minute of it (okay, almost every...late night wake up calls anyone?) I am still amazed by the precious life of our little guy that began with something so small and seemingly insignificant. God is so good and life is a miracle to be celebrated. I would highly recommend this book to anyone that is on the fence or interested in this topic.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I will have to add that to my list! Just and FYI now that I am not around to loan you my books...I have been reading up a storm around here. I have time every day waiting in carpool line and LOVE it. I have become obsessed with www.paperbackswap.com Check it out. You will love it too, as you an pass on your books and get new ones...recylcing, reading and low cost all in one. :) I miss sharing my books with you too, but we can share book suggestions for sure.

Michaela said...

I'll have to check both of those books out. I love book suggestions! I read nearly every night. It helps me wind down.