Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Coming Down the Home Stretch

I cannot believe it! Steve is almost done with his 15 week training at Fort Bragg, NC. (I haven't seen him since Easter.) He was supposed to come home this Friday, but they changed his graduation to Thursday and he booked a flight back to California for late Thursday night. Hooray!

These 15 weeks have been interesting.... It has been good for our marriage in terms of communication and appreciation for each other. I also enjoyed taking two long trips to Colorado to visit family and would not have had that opportunity if Steve had not gone. On the other hand, it has been difficult as Steve has missed some big moments in my pregnancy and will return when I am 7 months along. (Of course, he will be here for the BEST part!) There were some hard moments when I was alone at Edwards and felt overwhelmed. Fortunately I have some good friends that were supportive and kept me occupied. So overall, the TDY to NC has had its pros and cons. It was nice knowing that Steve was in a safe place and not overseas, but obviously I would rather have him here with me. :o)

1 comment:

mae said...

That is such good news! Does he get Friday off?