Monday, February 7, 2011

3

3 great songs from my "home" playlist:

  1. No more no less - Mercy Me -: There is something especially neat about the end of this song when they are singing about "wanting to go home". All in all it's a fun song with a neat reminder of going home at the end of it.
  2. Run - Snow Patrol : I know this song was most likely not written with this in mind, but there is a picture I get in my head every time I listen to this song. I always think of when Christ is leaving the disciples and He would be telling them to "light up...even if you cannot hear my voice...I'll be right beside you". I like to picture this song as a conversation between us and Jesus.
  3. A day without rain - Enya : This song doesn't have any words or special meaning that have to do with home, but for some reason every time I listen to it I am reminded of the warmth and solace associated with home. Ironically titled "a day without rain", it really represents the weather out here well :P


Honorable Mention - Finally Home : Because I already listed this song on the blog before here, I'll just mention that I absolutely love this song when I think about home. It brings such joy to think about coming home to our Father in heaven, and seeing that picture play out here on earth with my own son.

2 comments:

Joann said...

Hi, someone help me out. I can not find where you mentioned finally Home

Eralel83 said...

If you click on the word "here" it should take you there. Otherwise, it was on September 12.