Wednesday, February 2, 2011

8

8 movies that make me strangely homesick: (warning...this is going to be sappy)

  1. Up (Disney-Pixar) - There is something about the old man, his past life and then the experience he goes on that reminds how family is the greatest adventure.
  2. Secondhand Lions - I think this brings back memories of childhood, and the anticipation of raising Christian, with all the adventures to be had.
  3. Life is Beautiful (La Vita Belle) - This movie, while heartbreaking, is also quite touching to see the love of a family in spite of the circumstances.
  4. Stardust - I think this movie was just one that Erin and I discovered that we enjoyed so much, so the movie reminds me of good times with her and sharing it with family.
  5. The Muppets Christmas Carol - I remember watching this over the years many times during Christmas seasons with family gathered round. I distinctly remember how my dad always teared up a little bit because of Tiny Tim...
  6. Harry Potter (the first few anyway) - I just have found memories watching these movies with family, typically around the holiday season.
  7. WALL-E - This one I can't really explain...I think it just makes me feel happy...
  8. Gladiator - Throughout the movie you constantly see the main character's longing to be with his family, with visions of better things to come. The "Now we are free" song is on my "home" music playlist.

1 comment:

Joann said...

Haha, i can appreciate most of the movies...no mention of Godzilla, etc. I guess I have never seen Gladiator.

8 reasons to be home soon---Erin, Christian, Phoenix, lovely home, family in CO, tree in front yard is growing, car misses you, and Chipotle.