Sunday, September 12, 2010

To my son, whom I love...

Christian,

From the moment you were born I knew that my life would never be the same. My heart has grown in ways I could not have imagined, and just the thought of you causes my heart to overflow with joy. The whole world lights up when you smile, and it is easy to see God's handiwork in you. I picked this song because it is a song that makes me long for home, long to see you and Erin again, and most of all a song that echoes the love I have for you and the love that is shared with our Father in heaven.

I dream of the day that I get to hold you in my arms again, when I can tell you just how much I love you, and how much it pleases me just to be with you. I also dream of the day when we "finally make it home" and wrap our arms around the God who gives us life and love. Son, because of you I have experienced the full cycle of unconditional love, and I can now better understand the infinite love that God has for us.

I pray that God blesses you and keeps you sensitive to His spirit so that your light will shine and you can bring love, peace, and joy to the world.


3 comments:

Joann said...

It is so amazing to see your writing. I remember trying to describe the blessing of being a parent and it is hard to put into words. You have done it well, Loving my children is the most powerful oneness I have had with God.
Mom

Eralel83 said...

Very special. I love that video...it makes me tear up each time I watch it. I can hardly wait until you and Christian see eachother again.

Joann said...

thank you Erin