Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

"I thank God for you."
~2 Timothy 1:3 (NLT)

I know that I do not spend enough time thanking God for all that he has blessed me with. I am glad that we have a day set aside to rest and thank Him for the dear friends, family, and the multitude of ways that He continually pours out His love for us. But what about the other days of the year? I pray that we will remember all year long that each day is a gift. I have written just a short, general list of things that I am thankful for. Just for fun, leave a comment with 3-5 things that you are thankful for too. :)

1. My incredible family. Both sides. So very supportive and encouraging.

2. Our friends and neighbors. Those who have called during these past few months or have made the effort to reach out and love on us.

3. My wonderful husband. Serving our country and sacrificing for our freedom.

4. Our "baby" boy, Christian. Who brings joy and awe before me every day.

5. Jesus Christ, our Lord, Savior, and ALL.

4 comments:

Joann said...

1. the Joy and Peace from God
2. Family. Sometimes I selfishly want things to stay the same but God stretches my heart with every change and growth.
3. COFFEE
4. Sunshine

Bob Raymer said...

1. A wife who loves me as I am
2. Kids and grand kids who mirror them
3. A satisfying job
4. A church where we can feel at home
5. A good book

SRay said...

1. The friend I have found in God. What a comforter.
2. My dear family. Oh how family has made these past few months more bearable through your constant support.
3. Family again...A darling wife and son who have filled my life with such joy.
4. Did I mention family? Having loved ones from all sides, new and old that care so much is really what makes life special.
5. Pizza

Mary Ann said...

I thankful. first of all, for my salvation, and the assurance that I have of eternal life, and the peace that is a result of knowing that God is in contol.
I am thankful for my family...first of all for Christian parents that taught me, loved me, and are examples of a Godly marriage.Then for my husband who loves me as I am, who takes care of me and our family...for my wonderful children and the spouses that God gave to them, who I love as my own...that they all know the LORD, and ESPECIALLY for those babies that they have given to us!
Lastly (but not really) for our country where we have such freedom...for those who serve to keep us safe, for those in the government...
for freedom of religion and to live as we please.