Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christian is 27 Months

Since I don't do Christian updates every month like I did during his first year, I thought I would try to do a little update every 3 to 6 months. Christian is such a joy in our lives. He is fun and silly, and we are enjoying him as he learns and picks up on everything. (We have found that we need to be a little more careful these days about what we do or say.) His vocabulary is continually increasing, although it seemed slow at first. It has been fun to see him get excited about the "school" that he attends once or twice a week, and I love watching him interact with other children. He is most certainly ALL boy. He loves wrestling with Daddy on the bed, attempts free fall stunts whether or not anyone is there to catch him, and enjoys using his loud voice. :) Funny how boys just know how to make airplane engine sounds and growl even though Mommy has to work much harder at it. Christian has also taken up an interest in coloring and writing with pens. He loves to sit at the table and color in his "Crayola Magic Wonder" books and coloring books when I am cooking in the kitchen, but he especially likes it when Momma and Daddy join in the fun. Of course, paper shredding is a big thing these days too- I haven't needed to use our machine paper shredder in some time now.
We talk about baby brother with Christian quite often, but I am still not entirely convinced that he truly understands the changes that are going to be taking place soon. He lifted my shirt one day last week, kissed my belly and said, "baby." Then he proceeded to lift his own shirt and say, "baby." He has also noticed the infant car seat that we installed last week. But I wonder how a two year old truly understands that there is a little life forming in Mommy's womb when it is difficult to comprehend the amazing miracle taking place even as an adult? Nevertheless, we are excited and I just know that Christian is going to be a wonderful big brother and even more, I look forward to the relationship that the boys will develop as they get older.
We are in love with our sweet two year old, and are so thankful that God gave us this mission as parents.

3 comments:

Joann said...

what a sweet little boy, I am anxious to play with thim soon.

Anonymous said...

Aw, he is getting so big! We miss you guys!

nana said...

Love the new use for the fireplace screen!