Wednesday, December 21, 2011

37 Weeks

Whew! This is the longest I've ever been pregnant. :o) Today's doctor's appointment was encouraging. Little man had a steady heartbeat of 158 beats per minute. I am also 2-3 cm dilated and 80% effaced! The doctor seems to think that I could have this baby anytime now.I am still feeling pretty well overall. Winded walking up the stairs, difficulty sleeping, heartburn, general pelvic pressure- check, check, check, and check. But really, how can I complain? Both pregnancies up to this point have been so easy compared to other women's stories I have heard. More importantly, I am so thankful that we have this opportunity to be parents once again. So often I take it for granted that we have been able to easily have children and I forget to thank God for the wonderful blessing that it is. So when those sleepless nights due to feeding and crankiness come along here again soon, I pray that I will remember how richly God has blessed us, and to truly treasure those 2 am "snuggles."

5 comments:

Bob Raymer said...

Absolutely love the positive attitude. You look great Erin. Your good health and attitude help you weather any difficulties.

jen said...

you look beautiful! so glad things are going smoothly! how fun it would be to have a Christmas baby :)

KFeret said...

So excited for you... I bet Christian will be a great big brother.

Julia said...

Glad everything's going well and you've made it to the 37 week mark! That's really great, although I know the last month you get anxious to be done and have baby here! It's so funny, I got almost the exact same report at my 37 week appt, and I still had another month to wait! You seem to do things in a more timely fashion, though! Praying for a safe, good delivery, whenever the Lord's perfect timing is!

Anonymous said...

I know I keep posting this, but you look so great Erin!! Glad for another good report and hope our new nephew gets here soon :-)