Thursday, October 7, 2010

Keeping Focused

I will admit that this week has been a little rough. Thankfully, Christian has been a good boy, and everything is going smooth around here, but emotionally I have just been a little down. I really miss Steve, and I miss having a partner and a daddy for Christian. A group of pilots just returned from their deployments and instead of being joyful for them and their families I have regretfully been envious. I know our day will come, and it will be filled with celebration when Steve returns, but until then it is just tough being alone. Please pray that I will have a more heavenly perspective on hard days and that I will find my true contentment and hope in God alone.

While working on my Bible study last week, this verse just jumped off the page. How appropriate! My focus has been on my needs instead of a pure focus on Christ Jesus.

"Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs- he wants to please his commanding officer."
~2 Timothy 2:3-4

3 comments:

Joann said...

Sending you hugs, wish the time of nov visit was closer. I pray the God give you strength with the hardship and small joys along the way.

mom said...

We are praying for you guys...I know October is a hard month, pray that the time goes quick, that you find some diversions and that the little C man is good for you! Wish we were closer.

jen said...

oh, I hope the time goes quickly for you…wish for the sake of friendship that we were still there…though I do so love it out here!!