Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Columbia Getaway

This past weekend, our kind neighbor, Leigh invited us to stay overnight at her condo in Columbia. So nice to get a little time away! Leigh is a big USC Gamecock fan and has a great place right by the stadium. Look at the views from the balcony. I would say it is a Gamecock fan's dream. We also went to the South Carolina State Fair (which was just on the other side of the stadium) and enjoyed the animals, a few rides, food, and people watching. There was a lot of activity and it was a perfect day for the fair. Mmm, deep fried butter anyone? Christian enjoyed the ferris wheel.

5 comments:

mom said...

Looks like a fun time...I am so glad that you were about to have a change of scenery, and so thankful for such a special friend!

Susan said...

You are such a great mom...he is getting to do so many fun things because you are brave enough to do and do with him. I am so happy you have a nice, kind and supportive neighbor. Big hugs to you!

Jillian said...

I think my jaw almost dropped to the floor with the sign advertising for all things deep-fried. Deep fried cookie dough? These people are nuts! Although I haven't tried it, so I guess I can't knock it. Anyways, I want you to know that I think of you often and truly, truly if you want to come up to DC and hang out for a few days you are more than welcome! I know you'll be back in Colorado in awhile, but the offer is out there. Love and hugs to you, Steve, and Christian!

RC said...

That's great! How fun is that!!!

Joann said...

just noticed the climbing wall right behind the deep fried place, healthy next to not so healthy