Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Fall, Winter, Spring at Edwards = WIND (okay, actually it's pretty windy almost all of the time, either a cold wind or a hot one. Most of the trees here can testify to that as they do not grow upright but instead at an angle.)

It has been much cooler these past few days here and extremely windy! This weekend while feeling in the autumn mood I made these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. Delicious! Those of you who know me know that I LOVE chocolate, so of course these are no exception. :) After baking I left a few out and put the others in the freezer for later.


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins from recipezaar.com
30 minutes/10 minutes prep
Makes 30ish muffins (I got 34)
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil (yes, really 1 1/4 cups- this is not low cal.)
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini)
1. In large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, and oil until smooth.
2. Mix dry ingredients together and mix into pumpkin mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
4. Bake at 400 F for 16-20 minutes.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

mae said...

Muffins in the freezer? Your dad accuses me of always putting goodies in the freezer instead of leaving them out! Looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Yum!!! You have better self control then me - I don't know that any would have made it to the freezer!