Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hooray for Organizing!

I love to organize! Clean...not so much (especially when it comes to cleaning bathrooms. I also despise ironing!) But I really enjoy going through items, finding proper homes, and simply just getting rid of clutter. My mom can testify to this, as I often organize a random drawer or area whenever I am visiting back home. I just like order and for everything to be put away. We will see how this may drastically change once our baby comes along...I will have to relax some and go with the flow. :)

I think that as the weather becomes cooler (at least in some areas...grr) garage sales will be picking up a little. I am not a huge garage sale customer myself, but I have enjoyed having garage sales with my family in the past. I found this blog article today at "Money Saving Mom" with great tips on having a successful garage sale (click here.) Check out the readers' comments as well. We personally do not have a huge load of things to sell at this point in time as I am always trying to get rid of things via the thrift store on base (who takes consignments), eBay, and goodwill. In the future, especially with baby items and toys, I will totally be up for it. I especially like the idea of having a neighborhood garage sale. My sister-in-law, Kristi, takes part in an annual neighborhood garage sale in their community and they receive a ton of customers, plus what better way to advertise- people will totally go out of their way if they know there will be several sales in one place. The article also mentioned keeping a "yard sale box or boxes" throughout the year. I like to keep a box for donations so that whenever I find an item that we don't use or no longer fits (boo) I can start collecting for donation or for thrift.

Anyway, if you cannot wait until Spring for that "Spring Cleaning" consider some of the great ideas listed in this article for a "Fall Cleaning." I am sure holiday items would sell great right now!

1 comment:

mae said...

PLEASE come to my house and help this organizationally retard person...I need to do my whole house! Help!!!