Monday, August 3, 2009

"The Shack"

I just finished reading the Shack by William Paul Young. I am sure you have possibly heard of the New York Times Best Seller. Steve received it as a gift from our AWANA TNT leader this past year and I jumped on reading it. I have been reading a lot of fiction books as of late, simply because they tend to be a bit of an easier read, but this one stands out among the many I have read. I have heard some mixed reviews, but it is really a "page turner" and without giving away any of the plot, I recommend that you read it. It gave me a new perspective on the trinity, love, and relationship. In fact, I think it is one of those books that I will read again later down the road.

3 comments:

mae said...

I hope that i did not spoil part of it for you by my "blurt-out"

Susan said...

Yeah I have that in my pile to read...too bad we can't book share anymore!!! I did get a library card though last week when I went with the kids and I am going to try to use that more than buying all the books...we will see...I just read Sarah's Key...very good!

Eralel83 said...

Yeah, I have been trying to use the library more often as well. Obviously, the Edwards Base Library is a little sad...