Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Gear 101

When Steve arrived back home he had a few baby gear projects waiting for him. You would think these things would be simple- it's just baby stuff right? While Steve was in NC (before my 2nd trip to CO) I had ordered a stroller online and because there was only a 30-day money back guarantee (and Steve would still be gone longer than those 30 days) I decided I would open the box, make sure everything was there, etc. I looked at the instruction booklet and thought "how hard could this be?" Everything was pretty much pre-assembled, but I literally only made it to Step 2 and fidgeted with the thing the entire evening before giving up in frustration and deciding the stroller would have to wait 7+ weeks for Steve's return. I called my brother that night because they have a similar stroller and hoped that he could give me some pointers. He told me to plan on any baby gear assembly project to take a couple of hours. The truth is, they make these manuals with extremely unclear black and white illustrations and arrows pointing to places that may not even exist on your model. If you're lucky there will be a phrase of actual text telling you what to do. They should have classes on this stuff. I seriously went to youtube.com hoping that there would be someone else who had posted an instructional video on how to put together this particular stroller. So annoying...but one thing is for sure, Steve will be heading up all future baby gear and toy assembly projects.


My hero!

2 comments:

Susan said...

I tried to give him practice with the kids kitchen assembly. :)

Eralel83 said...

That's true...I am sure that helped. :)