Saturday, May 16, 2009

Baby Update - 18 weeks

This past Tuesday I visited the doctor for my monthly checkup. I am feeling great, and the baby seems to be doing well. His or her heartbeat was at 148 beats per minute. The best part is that in one and a half weeks we will get to find out if it is a boy or a girl! We think the baby is a boy (for whatever reason) but time will tell, and I am hoping the baby will be cooperative. :)

Other exciting news: This past Wednesday I was at the dentist and felt the first movements of the baby! It is such a funny sensation! The best way to describe it is like a twitch or a spasm, or even like a bubble bursting. I guess this is what they call "quickening." Now that I know what it feels like, it seems like the baby is pretty active! This is such a fun and exciting time as my belly slowly expands and I can feel movement! Check back soon for another exciting update!!

No comments: