Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rewind...26 Weeks and Another Picture

At this past week's appointment our baby boy had a heartbeat of 136, increasing to 153 when the doctor pressed the Doppler monitor against my belly. He even kicked at it a few times. Yes, I think we might just have another feisty little boy on our hands. Everything is looking good, and I will begin seeing the doctor every two weeks now.

Two days later I went in for another ultrasound so that the nurse could get a better image of the baby's right arm and face. This little guy decided to be stubborn even after walking around two times in attempt to get him to face forward. Once we finally got an image of both arms, he refused to remove his right hand from his face. I could tell the poor nurse was getting frustrated, but I think she was finally able to catch a good image of his nose and lips. Considering how active he normally is, I was surprised that he was sleeping so soundly despite the constant poking and prodding. It was post-lunch after all, so I suppose it was time for a nap. OR maybe baby #2 will just be a good sleeper? (Fingers crossed!)
Our little guy...it was fun watching him. Even in the 2D image, we could see him blink and stick out his tongue.

No comments: