Thursday, October 27, 2011

Christian's Big Boy Bed

This past weekend, Steve kindly took apart the crib (because it won't fit through the door otherwise) and put it back together in our guest/soon-to-be baby #2's room. The queen guest bed was transferred over to Christian's room, becoming his new "big boy" bed. During the whole process Christian didn't seem alarmed at all, and was glad to help Daddy put the crib back together with his own (plastic) power drill. He hasn't shown any interest thus far in wanting to get into the crib...but I am sure there will be some confusion when we begin to set up and organize the baby's room.
We are pleased to announce that the past 5 days Christian has slept soundly in his new bed. The box spring and mattress are on the floor so it is not far from the ground and I put pillows on either side of the bed to help him feel more secure. So far, he remains in his bed until I go in to get him. Overall it seems like it has been a good transition, but time will tell. At least we all have a little more time to adjust before the baby arrives.

3 comments:

nana said...

So sweet! It is funny how it didn't seem to be any transition for him. He's a good boy :)

Emily @ Finding My Aloha said...

This post could not have come at a better time! I have been trying to get up the nerve to try Noah in a big boy bed. he can successfully get out of his crib now though he doesn't do it. I bought his big boy bedding at the PB outlet while in Austin. I kid you not, I was just sitting at the computer right now, wondering to myself if I should just try go ahead and set it up tonight. If I dont try it tonight, maybe I will tomorrow. Thanks for the encouragement! :) Btw, you are looking fantastic!!

Bob Raymer said...

Christian certainly is getting to be a big boy. Love the pictures of C and Steve with their tools!
Daddies little helper.