Monday, November 30, 2009

Christian is 10 Weeks


So Christian was supposed to have his "2 month checkup" today...at 10 weeks...BUT they cancelled on me, and forgot to call and tell me they cancelled and now Christian will have his "2 month checkup" at 3 months....oh well. A little irritating, but I am glad that we live on base and I didn't drive 40 minutes to the pediatrician for them to tell me that they cancelled his appointment. Anyway, Christian has been busy, busy, and these are the things that he has been up to the past week or so:

  • Beginning to get over the whole "swaddling" thing...plus his receiving blankets don't seem to wrap him the way they used to...not to mention those crazy kicking legs!

  • Studying faces and people's reactions. He is following people around the room, not just with his eyes, but he is turning his head also.

  • Christian has nearly mastered holding his head on his own...every now and then he needs a little support.

  • Sleeping longer stretches at night (my favorite!) The past few nights Christian has slept 7 hours before waking for a diaper change and to nurse. He is also learning to self-soothe and fall asleep on his own.

  • This is funny: when Christian wakes in the night, I go into his room and nearly every time find him turned 90 degrees from where he started in his crib. I wouldn't be surprised if he rolls over soon too. He is pretty strong!

No comments: