Friday, July 8, 2011

Our Big News!

We are excited to announce that Christian is going to be a big brother! We are expecting a little someone around January 8, 2012. (Which also happens to be my dad and Steve's brother's birthday.) This may even be a December baby considering how early Christian was born. I am almost 14 weeks along and feeling really well as we move into the second trimester. Thankfully, the first trimester was just as smooth and easy as it was during my pregnancy with Christian, however I think I was much more tired this time around (maybe it has something to do with keeping up with a toddler?)

We have seen the doctor twice now and the baby is healthy thus far with a heartbeat of 169 at 8 weeks and 178 at 10 weeks. I feel as through my belly "popped" out really early at only 6 weeks, which I guess is common for second pregnancies, but I knew we had better tell everyone the exciting news before they started guessing on their own. I am especially eager to find out what we will be having, a baby brother or sister for Christian? Regardless, we are praying for a healthy baby and delivery this winter!
First ultrasound at 8 weeks.

First baby bump picture at 13 weeks.

4 comments:

NANA said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looking good mama! We're still predicting a boy, and your brother came up with a name this weekend that I'll text you :-)

Jillian said...

I realized that I hadn't said congratulations yet! So congratulations! We're excited for you guys.

Andrew and Brooks said...

Wahoo!!!!!! That is great news! So excited for you (and a bit jealous that the 1st trimester was a breeze) You are my 3rd friend due in Jan. I haven't put it on the blog yet, (out of laziness) but we are expecting baby #2 at the end of Nov. And Andy decided he didnt want to find out the gender, so we are going to be surprised! It is killing but I think it will be fun in the end!

Will add you to my expecting mommy prayer list!