Saturday, April 9, 2011

Chopped

No, this is not a post about my favorite Food Network television show, but rather my hair! I have been debating for literally YEARS about cutting my hair drastically. I have had long hair of various lengths for as long as I can remember (think middle school!) so last November I had a good 6 inches cut, easing into a "bigger" decision. Last weekend while in Charleston, I finally did it and had another 5 inches cut (now I regret not doing "Locks of Love" had I known I would really cut it all off.) I know this may not seem like a big deal, but having had long hair for such a long time, it really was for me. I had just gotten to the point where I wore it up more than down, and was getting too lazy to style it; there really wasn't even a point in keeping it long. So there you have it, a new, fresh me just in time for spring. :)
Without styling (now much more wavy- it will probably be crazy with the humidity this summer):

Straightened look:

8 comments:

Joann said...

very very cute

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic!!! I am so proud of you for taking the "plunge". :)
Emily

Susan said...

I think you look amazing...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!

mae said...

Very nice...you are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love it! You look fanstastic Erin!!! And I like the highlights too :-)

Jillian said...

Yay! It looks great!

Michaela said...

You and your hair are beautiful! I know what you mean about it being a big decision.

Andrew and Brooks said...

Absolutely love it! I find it funny though because your "short" hair is my longest :) I definitely don't have good hair for keeping it long, like you do!

P.S. Equally love the curly and straight look! I sometimes miss humid summers, where all I had to do was scrunch my hair after a shower and it stayed curly all day!