Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sick Days and Another Goodbye

This past week was a little crazy...okay, really crazy. All three of us (as well as my parents, SIL, and niece) were sick with colds which was not the best way to spend our last week together in Colorado. Poor Steve had a nasty stomach bug and was literally in bed for 3 days without eating (which is SO unlike him.) I was able to finally convince him that he needed to see a doctor and I took him to Urgent Care where they gave him 2 bags of IV fluid and medications. Christian had a nagging cough all week and I took him to the pediatrician...fortunately he just has a cold, but the cough could last for 2-3 weeks, not fun. Even though I tried to protect myself from the germs, I inevitably caught a cold as well and continue to have a stuffy head and headache. Unfortunately because I am nursing there is very little medications that I can take. I am basically fighting the cold naturally which takes longer. On a lighter note, it does seem that we are slowly but surely becoming healthy again.

I spent the first half of the week making countless phone calls to Tricare, Edwards AFB, Buckley AFB, and Peterson AFB simply trying to set up a well-baby checkup for Christian and then with the colds, that's a whole other story...ugh such a pain...they certainly don't make it easy when you are en route between bases.

Steve was feeling better and had enough strength to begin his 3 day drive with his mom on Friday to his TDY destination at Hurlburt Field in Florida. He has 9 weeks of training before taking up his new position at Shaw AFB mid-March. Christian, Phoenix and I are staying back in Colorado since family is strongly discouraged from joining. It's always difficult being apart even though we have experienced several lengthy separations while dating, during our engagement, and now 2 since we have been married, but now it seems even more difficult now that Christian is here. At least this TDY is not 15 weeks like the one this past summer and this time we are hoping to be able visit Steve. Also, Christian and I are very blessed to be able to stay with family the entire TDY...yay for Colorado and our supportive families!

1 comment:

RC said...

yay b/c we get to spend some time with you. :-) glad you get to see steve during part of the time.